I've received several requests for more info about the process on this card, so here goes:
It all began with a "failed" experiment when I stamped dye-based ink on top of an alcohol ink background:
I scanned it and uploaded it to my (free!) PhotoBucket account. There, I was able to play with the image a little bit. I put the image into a pre-fab astrounaut helmet, only because I like glass globes and this was as close as I could get to one on PhotoBucket.
From there, I cropped the image, eliminating the astronaut part as much as possible.
And though I did not use this in my ATC, I experimented a further by "bulging" the stamped image a little bit. I think it looks cool.
I then printed the image on Bristol (nothing special about my printer or inks -- remember, I am a Stark Raving Newbie!) and cut it out. I inked the edges PRIOR to adhesion (lesson learned).
Voila! I think I am re-inventing the moon!