Monday, August 4, 2008

Revisiting "Tonight, We Tango"

I've received several requests for more info about the process on this card, so here goes:

It all began with a "failed" experiment when I stamped dye-based ink on top of an alcohol ink background:

I scanned it and uploaded it to my (free!) PhotoBucket account. There, I was able to play with the image a little bit. I put the image into a pre-fab astrounaut helmet, only because I like glass globes and this was as close as I could get to one on PhotoBucket.





From there, I cropped the image, eliminating the astronaut part as much as possible.




And though I did not use this in my ATC, I experimented a further by "bulging" the stamped image a little bit. I think it looks cool.

I then printed the image on Bristol (nothing special about my printer or inks -- remember, I am a Stark Raving Newbie!) and cut it out. I inked the edges PRIOR to adhesion (lesson learned).

Voila! I think I am re-inventing the moon!


2 comments:

nancy said...

OK. What is Bristol? And here I go to Photobucket! Bye bye, Flickr.
dstkj!
Nance

Stark Raving Newbie said...

Flickr has a very nice photo editor as well!

llurrvg,

Bren